The Senior Business Development Executive will be a sales hunter that grows Lastmile Retail’s revenues by attracting new clients and partners. This position manages outbound sales activity to discover, qualify and close new business opportunities. Reporting to the EVP, Marketing & Corporate Development, the role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. Candidates that thrive in this role are enthusiastic, ambitious, action-oriented, creative and have a winning mindset.Our ideal candidate has direct experience in selling local marketing solutions to enterprise (100+ locations) retail customers.
- Research accounts and contacts and work with senior management to develop compelling and tailored value propositions across product / service offerings
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts from lead-generation activities, such as outbound cold-calling, emailing, social selling tools (i.e., instant messaging), etc. into targeted verticals / accounts
- Persistently and methodically contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to identify opportunities and generate interest
- Handle prospect’s objections and educate them on Lastmile’s value proposition and general positioning
- Record qualified leads in sales CRM and disseminate qualified opportunities to sales and marketing management to determine appropriate follow-up actions
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” opportunities
- Consistently hit sales quota responsibilities
- Develop client facing material, such as presentations, proposals, service orders, etc.
- Work with senior management to develop quarterly sales pipeline goals and ensure they are met
- Learn Lastmile’s platform and develop a compelling product demonstration
- Attend conferences, meetings and industry events as required
- 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing or related field, preferably in a business development function or relevant work experience
- Strong familiarity with marketing technology, local digital marketing, the online presence management industry (companies like Yext, RIO SEO , Uberall / Sweet IQ) and overall IT fluency preferred
- Ability to work in fast paced, constantly evolving startup company environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level interactions with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to work independently, organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
Compensation and Benefits
Lastmile offers terrific benefits, such as competitive compensation, 401k, paid time off and health/dental/vision insurance.This role will be salaried with strong commission-based incentives based on sales performance.
About Lastmile Retail
Lastmile is a 6+ old marketing technology startup relentlessly focused on local marketing. Through our patent-pending technology we help businesses localize their products, services and promotions through our Next Generation Store Locators, Digital Storefronts and Local Marketing and Analytics. Our technology and services intercept “high-intent” shoppers and provide real-time offerings so people can shop nearby them. We are proud to do this today for brand and retail clients, several of whom are Fortune 500, with tens of thousands of locations and millions of products under our management. Growing quickly, our company needs the right talent to help us shake things up and advance the presence management industry through innovative technology and solutions that continue to break new ground and push the limits of transactional marketing.We pride ourselves on our treatment of employees and offer growth opportunities, so people can prove themselves and advance their careers. Changing an industry, our work pushes us to be creative in a casual environment that is team-oriented, caring and as fun as we can make it. We believe firmly that when you bring qualified, smart, curious and interesting people into a work family that’s founded on a positive and productive environment — we can absolutely change the world.